Friday, February 21, 2014

Nick Fury Classic Comics




So, as I am aching for my Agents of SHIELD fix, I pulled out the holy grail of Christmas Presents from this past season ... the first 15 issues of the classic Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD comic (complete except for issue 7 for which I am now be on the look out!)  K. got me these Nick Fury comics as well as assorted Jack Kirby issues of Captain America from the same period, 1968 to about 1973.

When I opened these gems, there was this wave of amazement that passed over me. My eyes teared and I physically shook. These comics are so awesome! I am only a casual collector these days but there is something truly magical about comics from this time period, and these books are the cream of the crop. 





From now until Agents airs again in March, I am going to be reading through these books and savoring every word of prose and every line of illustration. This is what heaven would look like for me.

Thanks K. for probably the most memorable Christmas present that I have gotten since the "Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots" game that I got when I was 6 years old.

Regards,


Jeff





1 comment:

  1. This is why I like the SHIELD series. It puts me in mind of those old comics.

    ReplyDelete